We've seen some dramatic spikes in traffic and overall website performance in the first quarter, with an 111% increase in total visits and our leads are up by 300%. Great results so far!"
Trevor Stroud, Director, Cranberry
An independent, family-run business devoted to producing deliciously nutritious snacks, Cranberry has been satisfying customers since its inception in 1995.
Cranberry started out as a pick n’ mix stall on a bustling Borough market. Despite having drastically expanded and evolved beyond its humble roots, Cranberry dried fruit and nut snacks remain the perfect healthy indulgence for a busy lifestyle.
Cranberry has made significant gains in the B2B market, with great success supplying companies that stock healthy snacks for people to enjoy – but what about its own direct customer reach?
Cranberry found that it was not doing enough to appeal to the average “Consumer on the Street”, which came as quite a shock considering the business began as a busy market stall.
In terms of next steps, Cranberry wanted to take their predominantly B2B brand and unleash it on the B2C market.
Cranberry appointed Cognition to fulfil the following business needs:
- Give its product range a premium look and feel
- Ensure it stands out from the competition
- Clearly position Cranberry as a market leader in premium flavoured snacks while still retaining elements of the existing brand
We set to work on developing brand values and key messages that positioned Cranberry as the go-to brand for healthy, delicious snacks that appeal to every taste across both the B2B and B2C markets.
We also worked closely with Cranberry to provide them with the marketing foundations they need to achieve sustained growth and a clear return on their investment. Through our Route to Growth process, we focused on every aspect of Cranberry’s marketing outputs, from strategy, a new website and packaging, to point of sale collateral, social media, marketing automation, and events.
Our work also involved providing the client with a direct to consumer model to enable them to target regional businesses through franchises and agents.
We implemented campaign-led marketing to:
- Generate widespread awareness of Cranberry to a wider consumer market
- Promote the brand proposition and key messages
- Achieve brand and product exposure within targeted sectors
- Deliver persona-based market penetration
“The Cognition team delivered some outstanding creative campaign work that saw engagement levels increase substantially over the first 3 months alone.”
The various Cranberry outcomes included:
- Incorporating B2C elements into their website that featured:
- More ‘fun’ brand messaging
- A regular blog that contains a wealth of useful information, ranging from facts to recipes
- Creating Your Cranberry:
- A specific section on the site dedicated to enabling customers to interact with Cranberry, give their feedback and enter competitions
We also produced a wide range of collateral for Cranberry, which so far includes:
- Grab bag packaging
- Skinny bag packaging
- New pop-up stands for shows
- Social media banners
- Business cards