If you’re searching for digital marketing expertise but aren’t sure how to utilise it properly, partnering with a dedicated digital marketing agency will save you both time and money in the long run.
At Cognition Agency, we’ve compiled 10 reasons why digital marketing should be outsourced, in addition to explaining how each one could have long-lasting benefits that help your company achieve its goals.
1. Reduced costs
You may think it’s easy putting together a digital marketing team from scratch; believe us, it isn’t. Not only is it critical to ensure the right processes and procedures are delivering value, you need to cover many different channels and tools, which means a lot of people and specialisms, which in turn means a lot of time and money. That’s great for businesses with plenty of disposable income, but if yours – like most – has strict financial targets that need to be met, an outsourced marketing agency is probably your best bet.
If you outsource your digital marketing, you get the freedom to hire experts by the hour, project, and more long-term contracts, which means greater control of your overall return on marketing investment. This also allows you to upscale your digital marketing to align with your business goals, performance, and to focus on what the agency can bring which will complement your internal marketing team.
2. Expert skills
What’s the difference between SEO and PPC? Aren’t content creators and social media strategists basically the same? If you’re asking yourself questions like these with regard to your business’s digital marketing, an outsourced agency can definitely bring clarity.
Across outsourced marketing agencies, you’ll typically find teams of highly skilled individuals whose creativity and work ethic are completely aligned – in other words, the perfect people for doing your digital heavy lifting. Some of the experts you could end up working with include:
- Web Developers: Responsible for designing and developing your entire website, they will make sure everything from the colour scheme to the user experience (UX) is absolutely on point.
- Data Analysts: In order to keep up with the latest trends, and any emerging ones, these marketers will measure and report on the effectiveness of existing campaigns and make recommendations for how to improve them.
- Digital Marketing Managers: As well as overseeing each marketing campaign, they will act as a liaison between your business and the agency, consistently communicating whether or not your goals are being met.
- Digital Marketing Consultants: They analyse consumer behaviour and ensure marketing campaigns are reflective of the most up-to-date insights.
- Digital Strategists: Every campaign needs a solid strategy and can't progress without it, as it’s the foundation of your digital marketing efforts; therefore, these marketers are essential to executing the vision you put forward and ensuring key KPIs are met on both sides of the partnership.
- SEO Specialists: Their job is to improve your website’s online visibility and drive organic traffic.
- PPC Specialists: Their job is to coordinate the paid advertising for all your marketing campaigns, across a variety of online channels.
- Content Writers: They create content – blog posts, webpage copy, product descriptions, FAQs, etc. – that resonates with your target audience and better connects them to your brand.
- Social Media Gurus: They’ll manage your social media accounts and help drive customer engagement through the use of either paid or organic content.
- And many more...
3. Global scale
Attracting and retaining customers is the essence of any good marketing strategy, but with the internet now covering almost every corner of the entire planet, understanding ways of promoting your brand on the global stage is essential. Outsourced marketing agencies usually make a point of establishing strong international relationships, both virtually and in-person, so they can better achieve their brand awareness goals and ensure success for the many businesses they represent.
Cognition Agency is part of the DXG Group, we are a global partnership of over 200 digital marketing specialists that have the skills to solve any marketing and sales problem, for any business, anywhere in the world. This international support is vital if you want your business to stand out from the competition and benefit from fast, effective, enterprise-level solutions.
4. Complement inhouse teams
If you already have digital marketing support inhouse, you may be surprised to hear that one of the benefits of outsourcing digital marketing is that an agency’s team can very well complement your own. Marketing has always been a collaborative effort, and providing that your team and the agency’s share similar values, the synergy that could emerge here is everybody’s gain.
Just make sure there are no easily bruised egos on either side of the partnership; digital marketing is all about coming together, and with a little cooperation, the opportunities for growth – both personally and professionally – are endless.
Like the McDonald’s formula for business growth attests, efficiency is key to getting the most impressive results. In the movie The Founder, the whole McDonald’s team achieves success by trial and error, always working efficiently. And in the spirit of an efficient work ethic, you must know when to ask for help, alongside playing to your strengths.
Although it may seem like a contradiction at first, outsourcing your digital marketing is a great way to guarantee efficiency in your business. By drawing on an external agency, you can not only benefit from the vast array of skills and experience they can bring, you can free up time to focus on improving critical internal process inefficiencies or evolving your overall customer experience.
6. Advanced technologies
Let’s cut to the chase here: marketing tech is expensive. Also, it can often be rendered obsolete within a few years, which means an awful lot of spend on your part for not much return.
If you outsource your digital marketing, you’ll be giving it to an agency that can access the latest technological innovations. All sorts of marketing tools and software will be available to you, through an organisation whose job it is to use them on your behalf. It also means you no longer have to worry about the competition getting ahead, as they’ll likely be working with the same if not similar programs. When it comes to the benefits of outsourcing digital marketing, access to a sophisticated tech stack is critical.
7. Fresh perspectives
Getting out of our comfort zone can be tricky, and sometimes marketing plans suffer due to increased caution or lack of confidence. Fresh perspectives and insights are invaluable as far as digital marketing is concerned, and one of the benefits if you outsource yours is that you end up receiving both in abundance.
Given that digital marketing agencies usually work across many different companies and industries, they’re always learning from their campaign metrics. This means they know what’s likely to perform best for your particular business niche and will be able to recommend strategies that best reflect the current industry market. And when it comes to measurement, a reputable agency will be able to delve into the granular detail that will give a an in-depth analysis of your sales and marketing performance. It's about working smarter and this level of insight is imperative to success.
8. Interactive campaigns
Executing an interactive campaign is complex; you’ll need a full grasp of marketing, industry insights and advanced technological proficiency. Or you could simply outsource your digital marketing to a team that has all this and more.
If you want your digital marketing campaigns to have greater interactivity, an outsourced agency can help by:
- Making your website easy to navigate and customer-centric
- Ensuring your buyer’s journey is seamless from start to finish
- Creating informative, impactful content that answers buyer search queries
And that’s just the beginning…
9. Continuous support
Good agencies help their clients succeed. Great agencies go the extra mile for them. And they do this by providing ongoing support and maintenance, which could include:
- Marketing and sales strategy
- Website support and trouble-shooting
- Planning for consistent content delivery
- Technical recommendations and implementations
- Regular audits across your website and marketing
- Monitoring and optimising sales and marketing performance
- Specific platform/technology/marketing training
- HubSpot management, implementations, ongoing support
When you outsource your digital marketing, you’ll be receiving professional support focused on everything, from your brand through to your business strategy. All of which are essential assets for your business to become a market leader.
10. Easier reach
At the end of the day, marketing is all about reaching your target audience with the right message at the right time. Your customers should be at the core of your digital marketing plans, and by focusing on customer-excellence, the business will benefit from improved productivity, stronger values, and brand loyalty. Customer-centric businesses understand their customers and empower their own teams, creating the right culture to drive the business forward and ensure the best decisions for their customers and your business alike.
Outsourcing your digital marketing means it becomes more likely that your brand reaches the customers that matter to you. An external agency will craft buyer personas, create tailored content that will resonate, and use the optimal channels to ensure tangible results across the board. Taking your vision and goals into consideration the entire time, they’ll be able to reach your target demographic exactly when you want them to – and on their own terms.
When you outsource marketing in any capacity, it can be difficult to find a digital agency your organisation can rely on. For a team of digital marketing experts committed to delivering great results in line with your business objectives, get in touch with Cognition Agency.
If you are already on the agency benchmarking journey, you might find this resource useful, "[Guide] How to choose the right marketing agency".