At Cognition we have a single sustainability policy, which is regularly reviewed and communicated to employees, suppliers, and our visitors to inform and promote wider adoption of responsible practices.
As a minimum, Cognition is committed to complying with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and our policy is built on the foundations of the following principles:
* Identify our significant environmental aspects and put in place control mechanisms to mitigate their effects
* Minimise the environmental impacts of our activities, prevent pollution and continually improve our environmental performance
* Employ systems and procedures that ensure our company's compliance with all relevant legislation and other voluntary obligations relating to the environment
* Promote sustainable development by conserving energy, materials and resources, minimising consumption, maximising efficiency and effectively managing wastes
* Manage and/or influence our supply chain to encourage suppliers to minimise the use of materials, energy or processes which may be harmful to the environment
* Set objectives and targets to continually improve our support and wellbeing within Cognition and our local communities
* To exercise a positive influence within our sector and for the clients we serve
Cognition understands the importance of sustainability and reviews the policy annually.
Tim Witcherley Managing Director